Air traffic will be limited in London this Wednesday afternoon to ensure silence in the center of the capital during the transfer of the coffin of Elizabeth II from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Funeral Chapel. The limitations will affect some flights between 1:50 p.m. and 3:40 p.m. local time to “ensure silence during the procession”, said Heathrow Airport, London’s main airfield.
“Airlines will notify passengers directly of any flight changes” and it is also up to them to decide whether to cancel any, said the airport, which said it did not have a detailed list of disruptions. The measure, which will temporarily prevent planes from flying over central London, will cause delays as airlines will not be able to take off during this time and will have to change their course to land or delay their arrival, a spokeswoman for the agency said. airport.
King Charles III, his sons Princes William and Harry and other members of the Royal Family will take part in a solemn procession as Queen Elizabeth II’s coffin is transferred from Buckingham Palace to be veiled in Parliament.
Following the Queen’s death last week at her summer residence at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, her coffin was flown to Edinburgh for a series of moving ceremonies. She was then flown to London on Tuesday evening.
Tens of thousands of people lined the 22 kilometer route, in the pouring rain, and many cars parked in otherwise crowded streets to watch the illuminated hearse, which slowly made its way in the darkness towards the palace. sound of car horns.
At the palace, the coffin, wrapped in a flag, was received by Carlos and all the queen’s children, their grandchildren and their wives, reunited for the first time since the death of their matriarch. “It has been an honor and a privilege to accompany him on his recent travels,” said Elizabeth’s daughter Anne, 72, who arrived from Scotland with the coffin. “Witnessing the love and respect shown by so many on these journeys has been both humbling and uplifting.”
Dozens of employees from Clarence Housea royal residence, were recently informed of their dismissal, as published Guardian. It is the property which until recently was used by the current King Carlos and his wife Camilla.
However, the employees of this residence were affected by the reorganization within the crown after the death of Elizabeth II. Indeed, the offices of the new monarch are now moving to Buckingham Palace
Clarence House was owned for 50 years by Queen Mother Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, mother of Elizabeth II.
As many as 100 staff at the king’s former official residence, some of whom have worked there for decades, have been told they could lose their jobs as they work around the clock to facilitate their ascent to the throne. Employees received a letter signed by Sir Clive Alderton, Charles III’s chief aide.
Private secretaries, the finance office, the communications team and household staff were among those told at the Queen’s Service of Thanksgiving at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh on Monday that their positions were in danger.
“The change in the role of our trustees will also mean a change for our house… The portfolio of work previously carried out on this house supporting the personal interests, past activities and home of the former Prince of Wales, operations will no longer take place and the home at Clarence House will be closed. Therefore, it is hoped that posts based primarily at Clarence House, whose work supports these areas, will no longer be needed.
While some works are meant to be preserved, most do not have a certain destiny. Reports say redundant staff are set to be offered an alternative job search in all Royal Households, help in finding new outside jobs and a severance package.
A source described to British media the degree of anger among employees. “Everyone is absolutely furious, including the private secretaries and the senior team. All the staff have been working late every night since Thursday to come across this. People were visibly shocked by that,” he said.
Although the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II has not yet arrived at Westminster Hall, several British citizens have already taken up residence around the building. Authorities say those seeking to approach the Queen’s coffin may have up to 30 hours of waiting. It is estimated that hundreds of thousands of people will want to say goodbye to the monarch who died last Thursday.
Some people have already started lining up this Tuesday evening and have spent much of the night waiting for the coffin to arrive this Wednesday afternoon, according to what was published by the BBC. They are seeking to be the first members of the public to be permitted to enter Westminster Hall.
Due to security protocols and expected crowds, lines will be long. the secretary of culture, michelle dolanwarned that the government expects “extremely long queues, which could last up to thirty hours”.
The manager said that while “it won’t be thirty hours for everyone”, she stressed that it is important for the public to be “fully prepared” for the wait in terms of standing time and weather.
Heathrow Airport said ‘out of respect for the period of mourning’ some flights would be suspended “to ensure silence during the ceremonial procession” of the Queen’s coffin to Westminster Hall on Wednesday afternoon.
Through a statement, terminal authorities said that Airlines will notify passengers of any flight changes. He also predicted there will be changes to airport operations on Monday, the day of the Queen’s funeral. “We apologize for the disruption caused, as we strive to limit the impact on future events,” they said.
British officials imagine there may be queues of up to five miles of people wanting to say goodbye to Elizabeth II. As part of the logistical organization, the State has set up a 24-hour restroom system, first aid and refreshmentsaccording to the slogan Guardian.
In London, hundreds of thousands of people are expected to queue for many hours to view the coffin in Westminster Hall. The state brought in volunteers from Boy Scout groups and the Salvation Army to help.
In fact, it is officially suggested that those planning to attend be warned to expect “very long” queues, most likely overnight, and to take this into account especially if they are bringing children.
people will get colored and numbered braceletswho will show their place in the queue and tell them they can exit to use the restroom or get food and drink.
The Queen’s coffin will leave at 2.22pm (10am in Argentina) from Buckingham Palace in a transfer of just under 40 minutes to Westminster Hall.
According to the slogan BBC, The procession will be led by King Charles III and his sons, Princes William and Harryas well as other members of the royal family. Shots will be fired in Hyde Park and Big Ben will spin. The procession will also pass by iconic London locations such as the Queen’s Gardens.
Crowds are expected to gather throughout The shopping center see the procession. Screens in actual parks will show coverage.
According to the schedule, the coffin will arrive at Westminster Hall at three in the afternoon (11 a.m. Argentine time). Once there, the Queen’s body will rest on a raised platform and a brief service will be held with the King and members of the Royal Family in attendance.
Two hours later, at 5 p.m., the public will be allowed to approach the Queen’s coffin to say goodbye. The remains will remain there until Monday, when world leaders are expected.
Due to the security measures in place, the platform will be guarded 24 hours a day by soldiers of the units in the service of the Royal Household.
Justin Trudeau declared Monday a federal holiday due to the state funeral of the Queen Isabella II, and thus granted a day of rest to public officials of the national State throughout the territory.
“Declaring an occasion for Canadians to grieve on Monday will be importantsaid the Canadian Prime Minister on Tuesday. “On our side, we will inform federal employees that Monday will be a day of mourning where they will not be working.”
However, according to the quote Guardian, nearly 90% of workers in the country are under provincial jurisdiction. And most have not received any instructions regarding their presence to go to work on Monday. Trudeau said in this sense that he was working with the provinces on a possible holiday.
Presumably they will attend the funeral of Elizabeth II 2000 leaders from all over the planet. It will be a goodbye superior to that of Nelson Mandela, who will make London the capital of the world in the coming days.
However, as published the special envoy of THE NATIONElisabetta Pique, lthe alert is maximum. Although everything has been planned for years, the big fear is that things will get out of hand. Let it be chaos. Especially in view of the masses who will arrive in London to try to give the last salute to Elizabeth II.
The death of the queen, icon of the world and the longest of all time, caused, after an initial shock, a wave of shock who remembers the one that took place 25 years ago, when Lady Diana died, one of the most popular characters in this monarchy, but much stronger now.
Due to the barrage of people in London in the coming days, from Downing Street – where just a week ago he took over Lizz Trussadmit worry. as he wrote Daily Mail, the fear is that, for the first time in history, London may be “full”, full, full. It is not for nothing that the authorities are already asking avoid the center, if possible, and opt for remote work, as in the event of a pandemic.