Logitech G today launched the PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals, a stunning new setup for pro-level racing, designed with and for professional sim racers. Designed to deliver the most realistic and immersive racing experience possible, the PRO Racing Wheel incorporates a new high-performance Direct Drive motor coupled with TRUEFORCE feedback technology to deliver the most precise and authentic connection.
“The PRO racing wheel from Logitech makes the driving simulation experience incredibly realistic. I can feel the track conditions and how the car changes during the race, which is an unprecedented leap in quality. When I use this steering wheel at home, I feel like I’m on the track,” says Lando Norris, McLaren F1 driver.
The PRO Racing Wheel’s new Direct Drive motor is capable of generating an impressive 11 Newton meters of force with low latency response. When combined with TRUEFORCE – a high-definition force simulation technology exclusive to Logitech G – the Direct Drive motor delivers unparalleled racing realism with higher response rates than ever before. As a result, sim pilots can now experience the physical reality and audio of the game with much higher levels of precision and near-instantaneous response that includes everything from road conditions to engine vibration.
“Fans of our racing wheels and pedals will experience a significant improvement in realism, performance and control, as well as design and durability,” said Richard Neville, Head of Simulation and Controllers at Logitech Gaming. “We looked at everything from the number of shifts, turns and impacts an 11 Newton flywheel can withstand, to the materials and components that will last even in the toughest racing conditions.”
The result is a PRO racing wheel system that offers unrivaled realism, driver feedback and connection to the car, without the lag or abstraction demanded by professional sim racers.
Designed for professional drivers, the PRO Racing steering wheel includes:
- Intuitive Steering Wheel Design: Buttons and dials are precisely positioned within two-inch reach so riders never have to take their hands off the wheel or their eyes off the road.
- Magnetic Shift Paddles – Engineered with a magnetic system using non-contact hall effect sensors and additional tactile magnets, resulting in a realistic mechanical feel that accurately simulates a professional race car, plus the durability of millions of shifts Steps.
- Dual-Clutch Paddles: Analog paddles provide perfect tactile feedback for a wide variety of racing modes. When set up in a dual-clutch configuration, they provide the perfect advantage when you enter the grid. Alternate setups include a handbrake and two additional axes, so riders can program the paddles as throttle and brake, providing analog control for different riders.
- Customizable settings screen: Whether drivers need different settings for different racing titles or different car models in the same title, they can easily configure important steering wheel settings in five different racing profiles while racing.
- Quick Release Mounting: The redesigned clamping system allows desktop racers to easily mount and remove their wheel, while retaining the standard screw holes for those wishing to mount their PRO Wheel to a racing seat.
PRO Racing pedals have a realistic load cell brake and can be fully customized to suit racing setups and styles. Its main features include:
- Pressure Sensing: Pedals register the force applied by riders, allowing for better muscle memory and the perfect amount of braking power, improving rider feel and delivering more consistent racing performance.
- Customizable Pedals: Players can quickly and easily adjust the feel of all three pedals. The clutch and accelerator pedals can be set firmer or softer via a set of interchangeable springs and the brake pedal via a choice of elastomers. The accelerator and clutch pedals also use non-contact Hall effect sensors, which guarantees their longevity.
- Modular Design: Each pedal can be moved horizontally to create the perfect space for each rider, and removable pedal modules make customization easy.
Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel is available in two versions, one compatible with PC, PlayStation®5 and PlayStation®4 consoles, and one compatible with PC, Xbox Series X|S® and Xbox One®.
Logitech G PRO Racing Pedals are compatible with Windows® 10/11 PCs via a USB port and, if connected to the PRO Racing Wheel: Xbox Series X|S®, Xbox One®, PlayStation®5 or PlayStation® 4
The Logitech G PRO racing wheel and PRO racing pedals were unveiled at the inaugural Logitech Logi Play event, an unprecedented event celebrating the culture of gaming and streaming.
Price and availability
The Logitech G PRO Racing Wheel and PRO Racing Pedals are expected to be available on LogitechG.com and in stores worldwide in September 2022 at an MSRP of €1,099 (wheel) and €389 (pedals).