After the announcement of the arrival of the function of Communities to the instant messaging platform WhatsApp by the CEO of Meta, mark zuckerbergin August of this year, the idea of interactions between user groups within the company’s applications reached Facebook and Messenger
As Zuckerberg stated in a post on his official Twitter account Facebook When communicating to users about the arrival of communities, “I think the community messaging It will take the core protocols behind one-to-one messaging and extend it so you can more easily communicate with groups of people to get things done together.
Following this initiative, the head of the technology company introduced the Community Chats function in Messengerwhich will allow users to create Facebook groups from their conversations and thus launch text or voice messaging channels and invite others to join their new group.
According to the official statement released by Meta, this chat type integrates Messenger and Facebook groups and allows community members to have conversations about specific topics that capture their interest instead of having to review chat history. a conversation looking for an individual. message.
Administrators of Facebook groups can open conversation “channels” of different topics and also of different types: text, voice (with the possibility of activating the video option) and read-only. This way, everyone can use this feature in the way that best suits their needs.
On the other hand, community chats can be directed to different recipients. Among them you can find:
– Chat for the group members on a specific subject and to which anyone within the group has access.
– Cats of events for a meeting or a reception.
– Cats of show onlyoriented towards the publication of announcements by the administrators of the group and which any member can consult whenever he wishes.
– discuss only for administratorsaccessible only to group administrators and moderators to generate coordination opportunities within the community.
– In the case of audio channels, these can only support a maximum of 30 group members to share live comments on a specific topic. These can also support a video chat.
Because this feature will mean an increase in the number of people who can participate in the dialogues, in addition to a greater number of themesit was also necessary to set up options for moderationso that community chats will present new possibilities to support the work of the administrators and moderators groups within the platform.
To the basic functions and already known as block, cut or suspend to the members of the Group, and remove members or messages, the “Administrative Assistant” has been added, which allows administrators to set automatic criteria to suspend members of groups, eliminate inappropriate messages in the group and avoid sending inappropriate messages.
like in any other Platform, members of these large chat rooms can be part of the moderation function through message reports. They can also leave the focus groups whenever they want.