LONDON.- Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, will be excluded from the photo. The Dukes of Sussex, and also Andrew – the Duke of York – will not join other members of the Royal Family on the balcony of the Buckingham Palace at the start of the celebrations queen’s platinum jubilee next month, Buckingham Palace announced
“After careful consideration, The Queen has decided that the traditional balcony presentation on Thursday June 2 will be limited to Her Majesty and members of the Royal Family who currently carry out official public duties on behalf of the Queen.“Said an official source.
The Royal House source, however, confirmed that harry and meghan -who stepped down from their royal duties in 2020- and Andrew – the queen’s son who was removed from his official duties by a lawsuit brought by sexual abuse against you- They were invited.
Shortly after, spokespersons for the couple who currently live in the United States confirmed that Harry and Meghan will travel with their children to Jubilee celebrations, opportunity in where the Queen will meet the younger of the two, Lilibet, named in honor of Elizabeth II.
“Prince Harry and Meghan are delighted and honored to attend the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June with their children“said a spokesperson. The couple surprise encounter with Queen Elizabeth last month, during an express stopover on the way to The Hague, but they weren’t with Archie and Lilibet.
From June 2 to 5, the United Kingdom will celebrate four days of great festivities on the occasion of the “platinum jubilee” which marks the seven decades of Elizabeth II on the throne, quite a record for a British monarch.
They will start with the traditional Trooping the Color or “Banner Parade”, which usually commemorates the Queen’s birthday each year, although it has not been celebrated since the start of the pandemic (it was canceled in 2021 and 2020).
A total of 18 members of the royal family, including Crown Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, their son William, his wife Catherine and their three children, will appear on the balcony to watch the grand military parade.
A Buckingham Palace source, quoted by British news agency PA, did not rule out Harry, Meghan and Andrew attending other events as part of the Jubilee festivities.
The concern for the health of the queen, 96, increased recently, after having canceled large-scale engagements due to mobility issues. However, the Royal House has confirmed that Isabel is planning to attend the Jubilee celebrations, but it is unclear which events she will attend.
The source said: “Her Majesty looks forward to the weekend and will join in the celebrations, but her presence will only be confirmed much closer to the time or even the day itself.”
Yesterday, in fact, we learned that The monarch will not attend the traditional “garden parties” at Buckingham Palace this spring. In May and June, up to three parties are usually held in Buckingham Gardens and another at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Edinburgh. After two years of cancellations due to the pandemic, the premiere is scheduled for next week.
One of the most glamorous moments on the royal calendar, these parties have brought together more than 1.45 million guests – recognized for their service to the country or their communities – since Elizabeth II’s accession to the throne in 1952. But this year, the queen “will be represented by other members of the British Royal Family”, a palace spokesman announced.
After celebrating his 96th birthday privately on April 21 at his Sandringham estate, In eastern England, the Queen recently returned to Windsor Castle, some 40km west of London, where she has resided since the start of the pandemic.
According to a royal tradition dating back to the 18th century, the British sovereign officially celebrates his birthday in June to take advantage of the good weather.
The health of the queen is cause for concern since in October the doctors ordered him to rest and he spent a night hospitalized to undergo “tests” whose nature was not specified.
Since then, back pain and increasing difficulty in standing and walking have forced him to cancel several engagements. Besides, contracted Covid-19 in February, which, in her own words, left her “very tired and exhausted”.
She was last seen in public on March 29 at Westminster Abbey in central London at a mass in honor of her late husband Prince Philip, who died last year in the age of 99.
Last week, he met privately in Windsor with the Swiss president, whom he received with a smile and without a cane.