If for some reason there is a user who prefers people not to know when they have been logged into the messaging apps or when it was last, currently all platforms offer the option to hide it.
some call it ‘To be active’ and others ‘Be online’, but overall it is possible to go unnoticed in instant messaging applications.
instagram was the last to add this functionality after it had already been available for some time in the other two applications of mark zuckerberg (WhatsApp Yes facebook messenger). And of course, Telegram include it in your configuration.
You should start with the most popular of the four. WhatsApp has been used for many years to hide the last login time so that no one can check when the app is open.
Disabling it is very simple but has several consequences: it will not be visible when other people log in and the user will be visible when he is with the application open consulting the contact list or writing to someone.
Steps to Disable ”Last Seen” in WhatsApp. (capture: iSenaCode)
To turn it off, follow these steps:
1. Open the menu ‘Settings’. I know you can access it by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner where the list of conversations is.
2. Inside ‘Settings’, go to the section that says ‘Accounts’.
3. Then go to ‘Privacy’.
4. Press where it says ‘the last time time’ and choose with whom you want to share this information: contacts, all or nothing.
5. You can also deselect read receipt if you wish in the same section.
Particularly this process can revert to its original configuration as many times as desired per day.
Instagram was the last social network important to add the option to show the connection time. With this new function they have also made it possible to hide it, but for this you have to do it manually.
How to hide your last login on Instagram. (photo: see how it’s done)
Contacts can see when the app was last viewed via internal messages, and here’s how you can turn it off:
1. Open your profile (the icon of a person in the bottom bar) and click on the three lines that appear in the upper right corner.
2. Select ‘Setting’ in the menu that appears.
3. Scroll down and find the option ‘Activity Status’.
4. It’s off and ready, no one else will know when Instagram is open.
This instant messaging app has always stood out for offering its users a large number of options, so it is also possible to chat on ‘ninja mode’ and disable last login time.
How to hide your last connection on Telegram. (photo: Engadget Android)
To do this, you must do the following:
1. Open the options menu by swiping from the left edge to the center of the screen, then click ‘Settings’.
2. In this menu, enter the option ‘Privacy and Security’.
3. Here you can change, like in WhatsApp, who can see our last online time.
Facebook also allows you to chat invisibly with its messaging service. The first access to the configuration menu is very unintuitive since there is no such menu, but everything is integrated into the interface they use to manage the account.
How to hide your last login in Facebook Messenger. (photo: MuyComputer)
The steps are:
1. Click on the thumbnail of the personal avataras can be seen in the picture.
2. Access ‘State’.
3. In this section, disable the tab.
By performing these steps, users will stop seeing their contacts if they are active in Messenger, but the contacts will also be visible. Sure, yes you can know if they read the messages or not.